The automotive industry is changing every year. In the past several years, PDR has become more and more about time and efficiency. While sticky notes, filing cabinets, and paper in general have been pretty useful for a long time in PDR, things are changing. To stay competitive, PDR shops have to do more, and do it faster and more efficiently than their neighbors down the road. It requires constant effort, adaptability, and monitoring of the market.
In today’s PDR industry, everything needs to be monitored in real-time. Your back-office, technicians, and managers need to know exactly what is being done, where it’s being done, and who’s working on it to keep up with the growing competition.
Paper just can’t keep up, and neither can you. Here are 6 of the best reasons for your PDR business to go paperless.
- It just can’t track data as easily as an automated workflow system– paper can get lost, be overlooked, and cause delays. You don’t want delays impacting your revenue.
- It can’t be organized as easily as it could be in a digital format– depending on sticky notes, filing cabinets, and stacks of paper means you don’t always have the information readily available wherever you are.
- It can’t be shared in real-time no matter where you are– sure, you could type up in email outlining some paperwork, but it’s much easier to have it all in the palm of your hand and shareable at the click of a button.
- You can’t really make edits or changes too easily without completely redoing the paperwork– whereas the most successful PDR business’ right now simply update shared information on their mobile devices for everyone to see.
- It’s just not as professional these days– sifting through paperwork or struggling to find information can look bad for your business. Nowadays, pulling up information on the fly helps your business look as professional as possible to customers.
- It has an invoicing process that can take hours, while management software can do all of your invoicing for you in just a matter of minutes.
What Can Good Management Software Do For Your PDR Business?
- Embedded VIN decoder that can avoid duplicate records, look up trim, paint codes, and vehicle recalls.
- Create R&I labor time estimates.
- Look up the conventional repair costs so you can stay competitive.
- Calculate commissions, which can include: flat rate, % gross/net, tired commissions, and splits.
- Full-service menu control where you can organize accounts individually.
- Set, adjust, and control the most complex pricing models for customer specific pricing.
- Dispatch and schedule service requests.
- Approve estimates in just a few seconds.
- Connect to accounting and shop management software systems.
- Create customizable question forms to ensure quality and process compliance across your business.
- Share inspections, work orders, and invoices across all of the teams.
- Print template layouts that you can use and configure.
- Email templates that can help you brand your PDR business.
- Real-time data reporting that you can access anywhere, at any time.
AutoMobile Technologies Can Help
AMT offers software solutions designed to make your PDR business more efficient, provide you with better visibility, and give you peace of mind knowing that your back-office is always up-to-date.
ReconPro is the industry’s most versatile and powerful software solution built for auto recon professionals. With essential tools for performing PDR estimates, hail and insurance matrixes, parts management, paint code lookups, integrations with body shop crash systems and accounting systems, too. ReconPro manages the details of running your business so you can focus on growing your business.